Abide: Practicing Kingdom Rhythms In a Consumer Culture - Leader Kit
Wilson, Jared C. (Author)
Young Adults will enjoy Abide: Practicing Kingdom Rhythms In a Consumer Culture - Leader Kit , a short term study that will illuminate and make relevant key sections from the Sermon on the Mount. Bible Study. Prayer. Fasting. Service.
Young Adults will enjoy Abide: Practicing Kingdom Rhythms In a Consumer Culture - Leader Kit, a short term study that will illuminate and make relevant key sections from the Sermon on the Mount. Bible Study. Prayer. Fasting. Service. These are just a few of the spiritual disciplines of the Christian life. While all who abide in Christ agree about the essential nature of these practices, most of us live with a sense of frustration when it comes to consistently implementing them.
Because we're living in the middle of a consumer-driven culture, one that is constantly pushing us toward anything that's quicker, newer, and better, it's a constant struggle to fit these spiritual disciplines in between everything else grappling for our attention.
But Jesus has a better way.
In Abide, author Jared C. Wilson examines important sections from the Sermon on the Mount, and helps young adults see how these practices subvert the rhythms of culture so deeply ingrained in us. That subversion begins to happen when we stop striving to do a better job at Christianity and start finding the rhythm of truly being a Christian.
Tired of trying and failing? Tired of being driven by performance? Then maybe it's time to cease striving and start abiding. Maybe it's time to find some rhythm.
Leader Kit includes:
- 5 Sessions
- Abide Member Book
- Enhanced CD (Includes: Leader Guide with step-by-step guide to leading discussion, including insightful questions that will help encourage authentic community; Articles from Biblical Illustrator to help you dig deeper; 5 songs off the Abide Playlist; and more.)
- DVD (Includes: Video sessions and promo segment)
- Introduction: The Kingdom Versus Suburbia
- Session 1: Feeling Scripture - Move Past Just Reading
- Session 2: Intentional Prayer - Fight The Sickness Of Hurry
- Session 3: Purposeful Fasting - Deprive With Meaning
- Session 4: Joyful Service - Make Room For Others
- Session 5: Genuine Community - Do It Together
Jared C. Wilson is the author of Your Jesus Is Too Safe: Outgrowing a Drive-Thru, Feel-Good Savior as well as articles and essays appearing in numerous publications. He is the pastor of Middletown Church in Middletown Springs, Vermont, where he lives with his wife and two daughters.
Threads by LifeWay
Wilson, Jared C. (Author)