True Love Waits
True Love Waits challenges teenagers and college students to make a commitment to sexual abstinence until marriage. Created by LifeWay Christian Resources, True Love Waits encourages moral purity by adhering to biblical principles. This youth-based international campaign utilizes positive peer pressure by encouraging those who make a commitment to refrain from pre-marital sex to challenge their peers to do the same.
Make the pledge
Believing that true love waits, I make a commitment to God, myself, my family, my friends, my future mate, and my future children to a lifetime of purity including sexual abstinence from this day until the day I enter a biblical marriage relationship.
The Five Commitments of True Love Waits
- To God: Matthew 22:37 - "Jesus replied, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'"
- To yourself: Matthew 22:39 - "And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"
- To family: Philippians 4:5 - "Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near."
- To friends: John 15:13 - "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
- To future mate and children: 2 Timothy 2:22 - "Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart."
Do you want to make the True Love Waits pledge? Sign the online commitment card.
Download a sample True Love Waits commitment service plan
Use this plan to create a True Love Waits commitment service to perform at your church.
True Love Waits
One LifeWay Plaza
Nashville TN 37234